Effective Date: June 1, 2018
This Website Privacy Statement is provided by Blue Chip Worldwide, a diversified healthcare, media and marketing company which is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, USA, on behalf of its business units including Continuum Clinical and Blue Chip. It is intended to inform you about our privacy practices in relation to this website, as well as the choices you can make about the way companies in our corporate group collect and use information gathered through this website.
Who We Are
Blue Chip Worldwide is a diversified group of business units that includes a separate healthcare unit (Continuum Clinical), as well as a media relations and marketing organization (Blue Chip).
About Continuum Clinical
Continuum Clinical (continuumclinical.com) is a global patient recruitment and retention company with over twenty-five years of experience across disciplines including patient insights, advocacy, site engagement, outreach, and performance metrics. Continuum Clinical prioritizes data-driven strategy and creative thinking to accelerate study enrollment and improve retention, delivering unmatched results for life science organizations.
About Blue Chip
Blue Chip (www.bluechipww.com) is an independent, united marketing agency. Named to the Crain’s Chicago Business’ Fast Fifty for five consecutive years (from 2010 to 2015) and then again in 2017, Blue Chip delivers transformational growth for high-profile clients such as Procter & Gamble, McCormick & Co., Inc., HARIBO, Brown-Forman, Daisy Brand and Fisher Nuts through the creation and execution of innovative, multi-platform marketing campaigns.
Both Continuum Clinical and Blue Chip serve clients in the US and on a global level.
Based upon our healthcare, media and marketing business models, data protection is a foundational aspect of our business and corporate culture. We have implemented a global data protection framework to address the wide variety of data protection and security requirements that apply to our organization, and in relation to the individuals whose data we collect. The laws and requirements that we uphold include international, regional and local data protection requirements, as well as the cross-border requirements that apply to transfers of personal data from one country or region to another.
Our practices also extend to our business partners, to the extent that they entrust us with personal data or to the extent that we entrust them with personal data in relation to their services for us.
Application of this Privacy Statement
Collection of Personal Information
For certain uses of our websites, we may only collect information that does not identify the website user or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous information about how many individuals visit our sites as well as the sections of our websites that receive the most traffic or interest. This helps us ensure that the content of our websites is aligned with the interest of our website users, and that your website sessions are value-added and informative.
For certain uses of our websites, we must necessarily collect relevant personal information, such as in relation to the following:
- Answering a question that you submit as a question to us
- Providing you with information about our services
- Helping connect you (or, if you are a caretaker, the individual that you are asking about) with clinical research studies that may be available in relation to the medical condition or disease inquired about
- Helping you sign up for a program, newsletter, or sweepstakes offered through our website
- Helping you sign up for a market research program
- Helping you apply for a job with us
- Manage our relationship with you
- Connecting you with us through social media or on a blog
- Connecting you to participate in a survey through our website
- Helping a contractor become an authorized supplier (by signing up through our restricted supplier portal)
The personal information that we request through our website is limited to that which is relevant for the type of service you are seeking from us. Depending upon your request, the data elements that we may require include the following:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username or password
- Telephone number
- Job application information (in relation to applying for employment with us)
- Relevant health information pertinent to a particular clinical research project to make an initial determination of possible qualification. (The research recruitment pre-screening evaluations take place through a separate portal that is set up to collect health data, with its own set of secure controls commensurate with the sensitivity of that data.)
- Any additional information that you provide to us through our websites or allow a third-party service (such as a social media site or blog) to provide to us
Use of Personal Information Gathered Online
We may use your personal information within our company to do the following:
- Respond to questions
- Provide you with services that you have requested
- Communicate with you about our services or support
- Customize your interactive experience and/or to manage/improve our websites, products, and services
- Register you to receive emails or other information or materials (with your consent)
- Register you for a promotion (with your consent)
- Evaluate how our products, services, and sites are accessed and used
- Manage our relationships with our site users
- Prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
If you choose to subscribe to any of our marketing programs, you always have the opportunity to change your mind and “unsubscribe” from further email marketing messages from us.
Sharing Your Information With Others
We may share the information we collect with the following types of entities, including those which may be located outside your country of residence:
- Within our Company. Although research-recruitment personal data that you may provide to us (such as in relation to determining whether you or a loved one might qualify for a research trial) is restricted to relevant personnel within Continuum Clinical and our approved research partners, we may transfer some of the other types of personal information collect through this website to other business units within Blue Chip Worldwide This may occur, for example, if you ask a question about products or services offered by one or more of our companies, apply for a job, or sign up for one of our newsletters or surveys. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information within our company group.
- Service Providers and Suppliers. We coordinate with service providers and suppliers to manage or support a number of our business operations and services. For example, some service providers may be involved in ensuring that our websites are up-to-date and customer focused. Other service providers assist Continuum Clinical with its research recruitment activities. These providers and suppliers may be located outside of your country of residence. If we share information with them, these parties may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us and are required to safeguard your data in a manner that is at least as protective as that provided by our company. They are also required to comply with the data protection laws and requirements that apply to the data, including any cross-border data transfer obligations.
- For Legal Purposes. We may disclose information to third parties for legal or compliance purposes, such as to protect the security of the website or to help detect fraud.
- For Corporate Transactions. There may occasionally be business reasons that prompt our company to reorganize its businesses in some countries. Corporate restructuring situations may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers of entities within our business. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in the event that we engage in any corporate restructuring activities requiring the disclosure or transfer of any personal information that we hold. The recipients may only use the data for the purposes described in this privacy notice, and not for separate purposes.
Except as described in this Website Privacy Statement, we will not share the personal information you provide to us with non-affiliated companies or business partners without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of Blue Chip Worldwide or companies within our corporate group; or (v) protect the rights or personal safety of our company, our employees, or third parties assisting us when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law.
If we share your data within our company or with service providers that we retain, we require them to uphold a similar level of protection for your data as that provided by Blue Chip Worldwide.
Transfer of Information Out of Your Country
As described in this Website Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable legal requirements, we may collect, transfer, store, and process your information outside your country of residence. The data protection laws differ from country to country, and those that apply in the countries where your data is processed or stored may accordingly not be as comprehensive as those in your home country. Nevertheless, we have taken steps to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data irrespective of the country where it is transferred, and require our third-party partners entrusted with any of your personal information to do the same.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have adopted physical, technical and administrative procedures and measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of the information that you provide to us. We retain personal data only as required or permitted by law and while it has a legitimate business purpose. The personal information you provide to us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit confidential information over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption and other safeguards.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Use and Postings
You may also choose to interact with Blue Chip Worldwide or one of the companies in our corporate group on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
If you post, comment, or share personal information including photographs on any public forum, social network, blog, or other public communication platform, please be aware that any information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by or other users of those sites, or used for purposes that neither you nor Blue Chip Worldwide have control over. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these forums.
While Continuum Clinical may process limited personal data of children to the extent that their parents or legal guardians seek to provide their personal information in relation to clinical trials that we may be recruiting for on behalf of research sponsors, we do not not knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) through this or other Blue Chip Worldwide-operated websites for other purposes or for any marketing-related purposes, and we do not target our websites to children. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from children, we will purge it immediately, except for responding to a question or inquiry on a one-time basis from the child and/or his/her parent or guardian.
Blue Chip Worldwide and its business units have implemented processes and policies to help us ensure that the data we maintain is accurate and up-to-date. Consistent with applicable laws, we also provide individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to us and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you may contact us through the information provided in this privacy statement or by using the Contact Us link on this website. We will respond to access requests within 30 days, and require individuals making such requests to authenticate themselves before any personal information is disclosed.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement in accordance with new requirements, risks, or changes to our data collection and handling practices. If so, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our Website Privacy Statement that materially alter our privacy practices, we may also notify you by other means, such as posting a notice on our corporate website and/or social media pages. If we change our Policy, your data will continue to be protected in accordance with the commitments that applied when it was collected, and the safeguards associated with it may only be supplemented and not reduced.
By using this website, you provide your consent to the terms of this privacy statement and the legal conditions to use this website. If you do not agree with these statements and conditions, please do not use this website or submit any information.
How To Contact Us for Questions or Concerns
We value your opinions about us and our products, services and practices. If you have comments or questions about our Website Privacy Statement, or any concerns or a complaint regarding our collection and use of your data or a possible breach of your privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide, Attn: Privacy Officer, 650 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062.
We treat your comments and any concerns confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your inquiry to address your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that concerns are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner. If you believe that your concern was not adequately addressed, you also have the right to contact the relevant data protection (data privacy) oversight authority in relation to your concern.
This Website Privacy Statement was updated as of June 2018.© 2018 Continuum Clinical. All rights reserved.